Monday, October 26, 2015

Run Ballarat...

I knew I wasn't ready for a half marathon and a long way off the full marathon so decided to do a 12km run with Mel in Ballarat.
Fundraising for the the Ballarat Children's Ward, running through the streets of Ballarat and around Lake Wendouree had much more appeal.

I felt ready to do this run but still found the hilly course a challenge. The last 2 kms around the lake were tough for me.

run ballarat course

It was lovely to be out in the sunshine, doing some physical activity, supporting a good cause.

I recently had a 7 day trial pass at a Fernwood Gym. I tried out some classes and was shown the equipment. It confirmed for me what I thought and that is I'm not a gym person. I like to do the physical activities I enjoy and don't want to feel I have to to justify the cost. I'll stick to running, tennis, cardio tennis sessions and try to find a casual pilates/yoga teacher.

Then I know I will keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment