Saturday, January 6, 2018

New Year, new goals...

The New Year started off with a bang. After a quiet celebration of the year with my running buddies I was up early on New Year's Day to head to parkrun.
Many events put on a special event, parkrun is usually run only on a Saturday morning but Christmas Day and New Year's Day is a special extra event.
Last year I went to just one of these at Maribynong and it was a great way to start off what was to be a really great year. This year I was planning to do the same but as a MCR group were heading off to do the 'double' I joined in.
We started off at Coburg parkrun at 8am. 230 keen runners ran the lovely scenic course and it was lovely to be cheered on by the faster runners who hadn't walked the hilly part.





our jump shot co-ordination needs work
Next we headed off to Darebin parkrun in Reservoir for a 930am start. About 200 lined up for that one and most had come from the Coburg run to get the double done.
Another good run from the group along a river course. Mine was slower as I was feeling the effects of the champagne the night before and no water during the morning. But still I enjoyed the morning with these wonderful people.



Feels good to start the year off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment