Sunday, October 1, 2017

Bellarine Rail Trail run...

 A 17km training run along the rail trail from Drysdale to Queenscliff sounded just like the perfect amount 2 weeks after SCC.


The girls are in the grips of their training for the Melbourne Marathon and did the 34km loop from Queenscliff to Drysdale and back to Queenscliff.

I caught the train to the half way point and started with the other runners doing just half the distance.


Parts of the track were under water and most of it was very muddy. It was a nice morning though and I enjoyed picking my way along the path, chatting to other runners and high fiving the girls as they crossed my path.




I made the mistake of wearing my newly aquired SCC T shirt. I had many kudos and questions about the 100km race as we were running along. I had to keep answering that I had only done 28km, enough to get the T shirt!

There was no avoiding crossing this section of water and it cooled off the feet and washed some of the mud off. I had worn brand new trail shoes and they held up to this first test.




 It was a very enjoyable run, a challenging distance and loads of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment