Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Project...

The problem with running so much is that housework gets neglected and projects are put on the back burner. But with the next running goal some months away the intensity of training has waned and I find myself at home at little more looking at things around here that I have put off.  I have had a few runs in the last month and still trying to get to track night but the heat puts me off. I suspect I will pay the price when training does ramp up again.
 So this Summer break we were able to achieve a project on the house that we have talked about for ages.

Chris is very handy about the house and garden. Not really a gardener but he will build just about anything I ask him to and do it well. The outdoor area needed a finishing touch which we finally got around to.

before the screen... Chris built the pergola and paved this area


Things were measured, re measured, lined up and rechecked...


He used Ekodeck screening which is a composite bamboo/plastic product which is 'guaranteed not to warp or twist and doesn't need painting or oiling'
finished!
The screen completes the area and it has been a lovely place to sit in the afternoons.

Thank you my dear for being such a skilled and meticulous craftsman, it turned out exactly how I imagined it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment