Friday, January 20, 2017

Anniversary...

As the years roll by the milestones accumulate along with them.

This year saw us celebrate 32 years of marriage. The photo at the top of this page is one of my favourites from that day in 1985. It was a spontaneous moment and captures our surprise perfectly.

We thought this year was going to quite low key but we took advantage of a gift from Hayley and went on a helicopter ride over the city. Hayley had been saving up our birthday and Mothers/Fathers Days gifts to culminate in this fabulous experience.

I had wanted to do a helicopter ride for my 50th birthday but it hadn't happened.

Chris was quite anxious about the flight, he was concerned about our safety. And when I saw the tiny craft my anxiety rose as well. But we survived and managed to get a lot of photos while we were enjoying the view. The wind did buffet us a little but were reassurred by our experienced pilot, John.

As it tragically turned out today, you can be run down in the middle of the city on the footpath and die in a random accident.

I took a lot of photos, here a just a few...

Melbourne city

bayside

Albert Park

MCG


Tennis Centre Australian Open in progress
I sat in front so could take photos
John was an excellent pilot pointing out landmarks etc. Over the radio came information that the police helicopter was in the area, sadly now we know why.

I thought to myself as we flew over that I have run in so many places in our lovely city. It looked magnificent from the air but my feet have taken me all over it as well. The MCG, Albert Park, Beaconsfield Parade through to St Kilda and Elwood, Flemington racecourse, Royal Park, the Zoo, Bolte Bridge, Alexandra Gardens.

We thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it as a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment