Sunday, April 24, 2016

New shoes and a long run...

I went into the Running Company store in Geelong to look at all the pretty shoes and get a new pair for the next phase of our training. I plan to wear in these new shoes to run the marathon in. I tried on a few pairs but in the end the best for my pronating feet is again the Brooks Ravenna. Updated from last year in a nice bright blue, which will see me run another 800kms.





We are following the Asics training plan pretty closely and today's 21k was able to be run with a couple of hundred others around the grounds of the Werribee Mansion.

#teamJAM about to start
2 x 10 km loops on a very nice course saw us finish in 2:20 and feeling pretty good. I like this course despite a flight of stairs which we had to climb twice. I like even better that I came first in my age category, yay for the old girls!

A good day overall and another one crossed off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment